5/19/2014

The first step is always the hardest

Today is the first day. The first day for me without any computer games. No browser games, no RPGs, no Wii, nothing. I want to do this as radical as possible. Yesterday I uninstalled all games that were left on my hard drive, deleted every game account possible and swore to myself that I would never again touch a video game.
It was a horrible long process that got me to this point, maybe about 8 years. Overcoming an addiction is never easy, especially if this addiction managed your whole day and took up all your time. And the fact that gaming is an addiction that is very accepted in our society won't make this easier. Being confronted with commercials and hearing people talk about gaming will put me on a test every time. The chances to relapse are high and will probably be a danger throughout all my life. I wonder how long it will take until that urge to download and install a game will be gone.

From now on I will regularly post my experiences since I stopped gaming, my thoughts about videogames in general and maybe some games or genres in particular. This blog is for all gamers, for parents and teachers, for people interested in first hand information. I have been an insider for more than ten years and willing to share every bit of my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment